Updates

Anything Zod Engine

Re: Updates

Postby FreakNigh » Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:09 pm

The main concern with setting the map editor as a priority is the work that needs done is like a month's amount. That means things such as a mac build and the remaining gui need to wait another month. Which means that people who can only play by mac, can't even play the game at all for another month, and people who quit early because they can't figure out the command line system have to wait another month. The map editor is fully functional at the moment and the creation of maps is not something I see is dire to keep players (vs something like gui or getting rid of the launcher) especially considering that I myself have the patience to build any maps that would be required to sustain players at this moment. Also normally when someone submits a map I need to spend a couple of hours polishing it for general public use which means by finishing the map editor out of order I am actually creating more work for myself.

Here is version 2 of the change teams menu -

This concludes all the basic widgets that we need, more advanced ones will need to be created for some special menus I want to make and the second version of the map editor which will use entirely these menu gui's.
FreakNigh
Site Admin

Postby Beatonator » Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:17 pm

Awesome. Glad to see you liked my idea of using the little blocks of colour. I wasn't sure myself but it looks much better now! :cheers:

I understand RE: the mapeditor andits a fair comment. :)

Map Maker.
Beatonator

Postby FreakNigh » Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:26 pm

Here is the options menu v2 -

Soon I'll start some more advertising...

lol it's cool to have it at a high setting then once one of your units starts firing on an enemy switch it to the slowest mode.

... Buildings do not make sounds if they are destroyed now (thanks Roujin)

here is a video of the menus...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eMgEmYRXOI
FreakNigh
Site Admin

Postby FreakNigh » Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:42 pm

Clicking A or the portrait now jumps you to that unit.

Also I fixed a bug related to the bullet hit effect with units that were partially on the screen.

Also you can now press space bar to go to a unit which previously had an event. Right now only the under attack event is installed. It will also store up to the last 5 events and cycle through them. I'm thinking all the "computer message" events will be stored as well. I'll do that tomorrow. If you have any other events you think should be stored then feel free to list them now :D
FreakNigh
Site Admin

Postby FreakNigh » Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:48 pm

ok the space bar events is formally installed. It will jump to these events ...

under attack
unit manufactured
unit captured
territory taken
target destroyed
grenades collected
fort under attack
vehicle repaired

It holds an event for 10 seconds and cycles through the past 5.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/zod/files/windows_releases/zod_engine_installer-2011-09-04.exe/download
FreakNigh
Site Admin

Postby Beatonator » Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:10 am

Sounds like a flawlessly executed idea. Thats perfect to me and a big part of the original Z was the speed of orders which could only be achieved by zipping around the map using the space bar to make the most of the units. Stellar work as always :cheers:

Map Maker.
Beatonator

Postby FreakNigh » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:39 am

Ya normally when I have a feature on the back burner I'm always hashing out how I'm going to do it so. Those were two things that were kind of important.
FreakNigh
Site Admin

Postby FreakNigh » Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:26 pm

You now do not need to give the client map list or filename so long as there are maps in the folder. If you do give it a list though it now also populates the selectable in game map list with all the maps in the folder and not just the ones in the map list. This should end a ton of confusion for people trying to run their own maps etc.

Also a lot of map files have been renamed so it is recommended that you uninstall or delete the zod engine files before installing over them. Otherwise you'll have duplicates of the map files.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/zod/files/windows_releases/zod_engine_installer-2011-09-05.exe/download
FreakNigh
Site Admin

Postby FreakNigh » Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:46 pm

You now get 1 voting power for every 5 games you play on the server. However this is added on top of your base voting power. So if you bought voting power that voting power is separate from what you gain from finishing games.

I'll post this update a little later though because unless you are running it you can not see the player list anymore and I already posted an update today.
FreakNigh
Site Admin

Postby FreakNigh » Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:23 pm

you can now check the server's version with the /version command. This command is auto entered when you connect into a server. It will tell you if there is a version mismatch. These updates are now uploaded.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/zod/files/windows_releases/zod_engine_installer-2011-09-06.exe/download
FreakNigh
Site Admin

Previous

Return to General